Dear one and all,
Please don’t think I forgot your anniversary . I tried looking for some cards that I had bought sometime ago, but just couldn’t find them, but will soon as I’m doing a bit of cleaning every day. This card will have to do. Hope you had a perfect day. Imagine you all went out to eat some place, and made a big thing of it.
Boy it was chilly this morning, down to 49°. I turned the heater on and then burned a bit of wood.
Sure miss that Dona . Haven’t anyone to plan meals for, although I did eat good last night, steak, salad and the whole bit. Dog wants in.
Miss her and so does Chubby . Chubby wouldn’t eat a thing until Tuesday.
Must hurry this along so I can get it up to the mail box. Miss Dona there too .
I’m O.K. miss Dad , but things will get better, just have to keep an open mind and remember everything good about him.
Fished last evening, caught one small bass, one bluegill, and bullhead and a dog fish. Yes Dona, I took a hammer and killed the bullhead, this time I made sure it was dead .
I’m so glad that the kids are coming up for a week.
I’m going to Jim Lorentz’s wedding the 22nd. Reception at Lehman’s. He’s getting married and no job.
Write again soon, you two,
- Mom and Dad’s anniversary was September 4th so this was probably written shortly after that [↩]
- After Grandpa Green died I spent several weeks with Grandma. We bonded more than ever that summer [↩]
- Chubby was Grandma’s beagle mix [↩]
- Until reading this, I didn’t realize I was helpful to her [↩]
- Grandpa died of complications from a leg amputation in July of 1973. He was a good man [↩]
- there must have been an incident where one of us was stung by the bullhead’s stinger [↩]