I didn’t do too well on my Read a Shelf challenge — although that’s still a thing.
This year I am trying to read a book a week. I am also trying to read only books that I own, physical or virtual, or books that I get from the library. I have three exceptions and I allow these to come into my home (or Kindle):
I joined a book subscription because the owner of the bookshop where Clare works suggested it. Here is how Powell’s describes it:
Powell’s subscription club delivers the best new books, with special attention to independent publishers. Signed first editions. Inventive, original sets. Exclusive printings…. Every six to eight weeks, another installment to read and admire. Plus, every package is stocked with exciting surprises!
If someone gives me a book, I will not tell the giver to take it away.
Book Group Selections
If someone selects a book that I don’t own or cannot readily get at the library I will buy it — usually for my Kindle.
- The Deal of a Lifetime by Fredrik Backman. Finished January 4, 2018.
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill. Finished January 10, 2018.
- All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot. Finished January 24, 2018.
- The Woman Next Door by Yewande Omotoso. Finished January 29, 2018.
- Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty. Finished February 11, 2018.
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty. Finished February 17, 2018.
- Howards End is on the Landing by Susan Hill. Finished February 18, 2018
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty. Finished February 20, 2018.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Finished February 24, 2018.
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. Finished February 28, 2018
- The Hypnotist’s Love Story by Liane Moriarty. Finished March 4, 2018.
- Commonwealth by Ann Patchett. Finished March 7, 2018.
- After You by Jojo Moyes. Finished March 11, 2018.